Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Heart Faces - May Flowers

I love photographing flowers. And with my recent trips up to Sacramento (Sutter Creek), it is easy to get some great shots. All you have to do is go outside to appreciate the beauty of the country.
This photo was taken up at the gorgeous Daffodil Hill, located in Volcano, CA. It is a popular spring destination when the daffodils are in bloom; people come from all over to witness this profusion of flowers. This is a shot from the entrance. Daffodil Hill did not open this year due to a heavy late snow fall making the hill and surrounding area unstable for the visiting masses. But, you could still behold the beauty from the gates. There was so much to see. It was the highlight of my trips up there in March/April.

I Heart Faces - Photo Challenges, Tutorials and Tips

4 comments:

Brooke said...

We have had crazy weather this year everywhere!!

Sounds like a fun trip!!!

thank you for your nice comment :)

Sara said...

I love all of your great recipes, I can't wait to try the caramel corn! Sara

Maigan said...

I live in the Sacramento area, and have visited Daffodil Hill several times, but it has been years since I last visited. Thanks for reminding me of this beautiful little treasure so close to home!

maren said...

Thanks for stopping by my I Heart Faces entry and commenting!! Happy Saturday! Good choice with the daffodils!

Counter