Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's been a long time!

It has been too long since I blogged last. I was shocked. What have I been doing lately you may ask? I have been cooking, gaining weight, gardening, tending my backyard chickens, selling Pampered Chef, nagging my kids, taxi-ing, tackling long overdue household home improvements, taking my son Ethan to weekly therapy appointments, and exercising 3 days a week (it feels body abuse- but it is an awesome workout).

I don't have any pictures to post because I left my camera in my Grampa's car when I visited him in June. A terrible error on my part- I have missed out on some wonderful photo opps since then.

In 2 days I am hosting a party at my house. I haven't hosted anything except a swim party in my backyard in 5 years. I am doing it mainly as an opportunity to visit. Believe it or not- I invited over 100 people and 5 or 6 are coming. Hmmmm ..... not a good sign. My friend is going to be on hand to sell her trendy chunky beaded watches, I will have my Pampered Chef stuff there and a lady who I met recently whose daughter goes to Los Osos is coming with her daughter and she is bringing her designer handbags. But mainly, I just want to visit and enjoy the company of other women. I have been working hard at reaching out and trying to be more social and develop friendships.

Tomorrow is my son, Steven's 12th birthday. He is excited. He will be able to attend our church's Young Men/Young Women group. This coming Sunday, he will be ordained to the Aaronic priesthood in our church. It's a big step. He will start Junior High in August. My boy is growing up.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hope you have an enjoyable time at your party. I will be hosting my son's 10th birthday party that same night. Probably won't be very relaxing, but I couldn't miss it.

Counter