Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wild mountain flowers


Wild mountain flowers
Originally uploaded by bonniemomof5
Ah, the beauty of nature! I miss living in Amador county. You have the beauty of the foothills right at your fingertips and then if you travel upcountry you have the mountains and snow. We traveled upcountry to visit one of my old high school haunts - Tiger Creek. After my husband left to return home on Father's day I took the kids out on a drive and we drove up to Tiger Creek. I was actually hoping to find Indian Falls but that didn't work out. It seems the old trail/road is grown over. I don't have a 4 wheel drive either. So, we turned around and went home. On our hike, we saw these beautiful blue flowers right off the trail and I couldn't help but snap a picture or two. The kids played in the streambed and got wet and we were serenaded by the music of the river. That was a lovely afternoon full of memories for me.

No comments:

Counter