Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Out of the darkness


I'm online!
Well, I've officially started a blog.  I've been a bit resistant because my time is so limited on the computer.  With 5 kids, and a husband who loves computers, it's hard to find the time. But, here we go.
My goal for starting this blog is completely personal and selfish.  It is to chronical my journey - my life long battle against depression, one step at a time.  It's been bad lately.  My depression is inherited.  I got it from the maternal side of my family.  It began when I turned 18 and I have dealt with it ever since.  I have 5 kids one girl who is 12 and 4 boys ranging in age from 10, 7, 3, and 1.  Ethan, kidlet #4 has been diagnosed with PDD earlier this year.  The acronym stands for Pervasive Developmental Disorder.  PDD is an acronym describing the fact that a child doesn't have the classical symptoms of autism but falls on the spectrum.  He is more Aspberger like, which means he has more mild symptoms of autism.  I have watched my home evolve during the past year from a chaotic, cluttered home into a veritable inferno of discontent and unhappiness.  I also forgot to mention, that many of my children have ADHD.  Thus, we are a distracted lot and this is a lot to deal with.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah!!!! Welcome to life via blog. I don't have as much time as I'd like to visit in person, but I have loved the late nights or snippets of time I've had to keep track of my friends and family via blog. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Claudia said...

Love the photo - the jewelry is gorgeous. Good job!!!

I know it's not easy raising kids, but we're grateful that you're hanging in there and doing a good job. We love you and the rest of your family and are grateful for being related to you.

Make it a happy day!
MOM

Jeanne said...

We are always here for you! There is light at the end of the darkness...

Our Family said...

We're so glad you started a blog! Sorry you are having a rough time, we are here for you and love you!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! I read the entire thing!

Counter